1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough
½ cup pesto
6 tablespoons dried cranberries
½ cup shredded fontina or Swiss cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle work surface and dough with flour. Press dough out and roll, stretch or toss it into a 14-inch circle. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Spread pesto on the dough to within 1/8 inch of the edge. Sprinkle cranberries and cheese evenly over the pesto. Fold 1 to 1 1/2 inches of the border over the filling all the way around, leaving the center exposed.
3. Bake the tart until browned and bubbling, 20 to 22 minutes. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes before cutting into 12 pieces.
Tips & Notes
• Make Ahead Tip: Prepare up to 2 hours ahead; serve at room temperature.
• Tip: Look for whole-wheat pizza-dough balls at your supermarket. Check the ingredient list to make sure the dough doesn’t contain any hydrogenated oils.
Makes 12 appetizer servings
Nutrition facts per serving:190 calories; 6 g fat (2 g saturated); 7 mg cholesterol; 29 g carbohydrates; 7 g protein; 3 g fiber; 409 mg sodium; 114 mg potassium.
Recipe Source: Eating Well