12 oz sirloin, about 3/4 inch thick
3 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
1 Tbsp no-salt fiesta lime seasoning
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium green bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
8 whole wheat tortillas (6 inch)
1 medium tomato, diced
2 cups shredded lettuce
4 Tbsp non-fat sour cream
- Slice beef across the grain into 1/4 inch strips. Place in a medium bowl with 1/2 Tbsp fiesta lime seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Place mushrooms, peppers, onion, and 1/2 Tbsp fiesta lime seasoning in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet. Add beef strips and cook about 3-4 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Place coated vegetables in skillet and saute until slightly tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add beef back to skillet and saute mixture 1-2 minutes.
- Assemble fajitas by dividing beef-vegetable mixture evenly on each tortilla.
- Top with remaining ingredients and roll up.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
Nutrition Facts per serving: 430 calories, 16 g fat, 46 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein, 590 mg sodium
Source: USDA Produce for a Better Health Foundation