4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp pepper
¼ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp cumin
¼ tsp chili powder
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups low sodium chicken stock
1 cup quinoa
1-15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp lime juice
Dash of salt and pepper
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
2 ripe avocados, peeled
½ cup plain Greek Yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
• Combine paprika, pepper, onion powder, and cumin in a bowl. Mix together and use to season both sides of a chicken breast.
• Add the olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium/high heat.
• Add chicken, cover with lid, and cook for 7 minutes on each side. Slice chicken once it has cooled.
• Add chicken stock, garlic and quinoa to medium saucepan. Bring to simmer over medium/low heat. Reduce to low and simmer for 5-10 minutes with lid on. Add black beans and continue to simmer for an additional 5 minutes, until all the stock has been absorbed.
• Toss quinoa and black bean mixture with lime juice, salt and pepper, and fresh cilantro. Set aside.
• Combine avocado, Greek yogurt, and lemon juice in a food processor.
• Stop the quinoa and black bean mixture with sliced chicken and avocado yogurt sauce.
Yield 8 Servings
Nutrition per serving: 369 Calories, 39 g Protein, 11 g Fat, 29 g Carbohydrate, 8 g Fiber, 2 g Sugar, 289 g Sodium