4 portabella mushrooms, 3-inch diameter
3 large eggs
Egg whites from 6 eggs
½ cup whole-wheat grated bread crumbs
¼ cup nonfat milk
1 tsp low-sodium garlic and herb blend
1 cup cooked and drained, chopped, frozen spinach
¼ cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, divided
1. Place oven rack in center of oven; preheat to 375 degrees F.
2. Remove portabella stems. Wipe clean with a damp paper towel.
3. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray, and place mushroom caps on baking sheet.
4. In a mixing bowl, whisk together all remaining ingredients, except for 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
5. Coat 10-inch non-stick pan with cooking spray and heat over medium flame.
6. Cook and scramble egg mixture until it just starts to thicken. Remove from heat.
7. Using a large spoon, scoop partially cooked, hot egg mixture into portabella caps
8. Sprinkle tops with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake about 20 minutes.
9. Serve immediately. Serves 4
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Nutrient information per serving: 190 calories, 6 grams fat, 330 mg sodium, 14 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fiber, 17 grams protein
Source: USDA Produce for a Better Health Foundation