1 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1 inch cubes
2 cups sliced white mushrooms
2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
1/2 medium red bell pepper, chopped
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup grapes
2 cups instant whole grain rice
1 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan.
- With heat on medium-high, place chicken in pan and cover with lid.
- Cook chicken about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and peppers to pan and saute 3-4 minutes
- Add chicken broth.
- Gently mix in raisins, rice and curry powder. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover.
- Simmer until rice is done. Fluff with a fork and let sit 3-5 minutes before serving.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Nutrition Facts per serving: 440 calories, 6 g fat, 71 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 6 g protein, 410 mg sodium
Source: USDA Produce for a Better Health Foundation